How Eco-friendly is a Hangar Home?
The short answer is very eco-friendly, because these Hangar Homes and Mixed-use Hangars have been designed to be as energy efficient as possible, thereby reducing its utility bills to a minimum. The following eco-friendly features are standard:
- 300mm Rockwool insulation for all upper walls and barrel roof
- Underfloor heating throughout with thermostats in each room
- Rainwater capture for toilets and washing machine
- Air source heat pump for heating and cooling
- Triple-glazing for heat/cold retention and sound-proofing
- Flexible solar panels bonded to barrel roof with battery storage